Make a complaint

If you have a complaint about fundraising, the FRSB can help. As the regulator of fundraising in the UK, we’ll investigate all potential breaches of the Standards outlined in the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Practice

How to make a complaint


The easiest way is to fill out our online complaints form.

Call us

Call us on 0333 321 8803.

Download a form and post it back to us

Download our complaints form (PDF) and post it to:

Compliance Manager
Fundraising Standards Board
65 Brushfield Street
E1 6AA

What can I make a complaint about?

We’ll investigate:

  • breaches of the Standards outlined in Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Practice

The types of complaint we deal with are those that concern fundraising through:

  • Any event arranged by a member organisation which raises money
  • Magazine and newspaper advertisements
  • Radio and TV commercials
  • Posters on legitimate poster sites
  • Direct mail (advertising sent through the post and addressed to you personally)
  • Door-drops and circulars (advertising posted through your letter box without your name on)
  • Advertisements on the internet, including banner ads and pop-up ads
  • An individual fundraiser (either on the street or at your door)

Can I complain if the charity isn’t a member of the FRSB?


As the regulator of charity fundraising, we receive complaints about fundraising organisations who are not members but are thought to be breaching the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice.

Although we have no self-regulatory oversight of organisations who haven’t committed to self-regulation, we feel that it’s important that we try and help resolve these issues where we can.

Find out more about how we investigate non-members.

What areas doesn’t the FRSB deal with?

We only deal with complaints that are about bad fundraising practice. We won’t deal with:

  • Complaints about the services a charity provides
  • Administration and staff costs
  • Administration or processing errors
  • Retail issues
  • How the charity is spending its money

What if I have a complaint about something other than fundraising?

We only regulate issues relating to fundraising, but we understand that you might want to raise concerns about other issues. If you do, please see how other regulators can help.

To make a complaint about the FRSB

If you wish to make a complaint about the FRSB please contact the Chief Executive by either calling 0333 321 8803 or by emailing

Read the full process (PDF).